;
...bis zum Forumstreffen in Hohenroda

RE: ZL1 headed to Kraftwerk

in ZL1 24.10.2012 23:02
von Mike 418 SC • Forengott | 1.095 Beiträge

Sharp - since the ZL1 is pretty rare over here I would for sure get a second opinion either way. Depending on which tuning device you are using you could datalogg and send the data via Email to Ted Jannetty (SCT Device / Located in the USA), Rick from Livernois (HP Tuners / Located in the USA), Heinz from CCRP (HP Tuners / Located in Austria) or Schropp (SCT Device / Located in Germany).

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure Kraftwerk is doing a great job! But when it comes to custom tuning I allways get a second opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

nach oben springen

in ZL1 25.10.2012 07:41
von Sharp-ZL1 • Golf-Schubser | 57 Beiträge

This is From

www.NewEraPerformanceParts.com

I am gonna guess there is an exhaust restriction, maybe internally damaged cats or something, I have seen it before on a 1400 mile ZL1 when we changed the pulley and dyno'd it. We ended up installing ARH 1 7/8 header system with cats (fixed the problem) and it picked up 80 rwhp...

We were experiencing the same symptoms as you are mentioning.

nach oben springen

in ZL1 25.10.2012 10:47
von KW0815 • Händler | 112 Beiträge

Zitat von ccrp im Beitrag #60
das ist das gleiche wie bei allen LS9, burst knock muss vorerst ausgeschalten (das ist errechnetes Klopfen, nicht echtes) werden und zu wenig Vorzündung lässt die Kats schmelzen.......dann müssen die transient fuels angehoben werden sonst gibt es klopfen bei WOT pulls von 2000 aufwärts, wenn ihr die trends checked seht ihr das das power enrichment verzögert einsetzt.

die ganz gleiche Thematik wie beim CTS, hat ja auch den gleichen Motor, da bin ich grad durch mit stage2 upgrades (auch 15 psi)

Merci, das passt schon alles. Einer der kleinen, hinteren Kats hat scheinbar ein Problem. Sichtbar ist es nicht, aber mit Druckluft merkt man den Unterschied zur anderen Seite deutlich...

--- www.kraftwerk.cc ---

nach oben springen

in ZL1 25.10.2012 11:29

Glad that you found part of the problem. Lets hope this fixes it and then we can get some good number.

Thank you for the update

nach oben springen

in ZL1 25.10.2012 16:52
von T-Rex • Fossil | 5.515 Beiträge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oaJ3w_fAdoI

They way Hennessey gets up to >700 bhp ..

• 707 bhp @ 6,300 rpm

HPE700 Upgrade Includes:
• CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
• HPE Air Induction System
• Upgraded Valvetrain Parts
• Custom HPE Camshaft
• Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
• Intercooler Heat Exchanger Upgrade
• Fuel System Upgrade
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration

Weg isser : ZL1, AT, Convertible, M.Y. 2013 - Summit White - 620 PS
nach oben springen

in ZL1 25.10.2012 17:50

Yes I saw that on the camaro 5 U S A site. I wish my pockets was that deep and I would have got that kit. But I get what I can will my little bit of $$!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread...ewpost&t=257510

zuletzt bearbeitet 25.10.2012 17:52 | nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 09:39
von ccrp • Händler/Importeur | 295 Beiträge

I am right now in Bukarest tuning a HPE700 from Black Falcon Cars here. Believe, not all is shiny golden on that car even if so expensive. I can post pics of it and heads are definitely not CNC portet as I just took one off..............

and this one did the same thing, there is a delay going into PE causing tons of issues and lean spikes, and this one does not have any cats at all. Same issue I had with the CTS.

can post pictures if one wants........

zuletzt bearbeitet 26.10.2012 09:39 | nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 09:42
von Mike 418 SC • Forengott | 1.095 Beiträge
nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 10:18
von P@rayer • Camaro-Infizierter | 325 Beiträge

Zitat von ccrp im Beitrag #67
I am right now in Bukarest tuning a HPE700 from Black Falcon Cars here. Believe, not all is shiny golden on that car even if so expensive. I can post pics of it and heads are definitely not CNC portet as I just took one off..............

and this one did the same thing, there is a delay going into PE causing tons of issues and lean spikes, and this one does not have any cats at all. Same issue I had with the CTS.

can post pictures if one wants........

This would be cool if you can post some pics.
How much is the car?

- Ich arbeite, damit ich tanken kann, damit ich zur Arbeit komme -
Zufriedener Besitzer einer 45th anniversary Edition
nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 10:20
von TinyToasta • Co-Admin | 12.037 Beiträge

Let's do this in another thread - just to keep this one tidy

Life's not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 10:33

did it already...........

nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 13:00

just got done talking with the shop and they replaced the secondary Cats (small one that come after the large one) This increase HP but not torque and reduced 50% of the knock.

You can look right through the large cats. He is removing them and going to install straight pipe to test it out. If this work then I will have to order Headers with cats during the winter and get them installed in the spring. (This is not my Daily Driver and Germany winters and not a good place to be driving this car.)

The first thing I would do is have them put a bore scope in the engine to see if there is any damage, then do a leak down test. Done all is Good.

Missing my Baby But I would rather have it running great before I bring her home.

nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 13:53

Just the other way around. Torque increase is well, hp is on stock level instead of 50 hp missing like yesterday.
Still looks like a restriction / backpressure thing.
Lets see what the other guy reports who had exactly the same issues.

--- www.kraftwerk.cc ---

nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 14:45

dann schau mal ob du nicht das gleiche Phenomän hast.........lean spike direkt nach Vollgas

direkt nach WOT am Dyno mit Bremse, geht PE enrich nur verzögert auf den richtigen Wert und es resultiert ein lean spike der sofort knocks verursacht die nicht weggehen. Habe zuerst fetter gemacht, Zündung raus, mägerer, alles nichts geholfen und ich hab GAR keine Kats!

erst rumspielen mit den transient fuel mult factors und Kanalbenetzungsfaktoren hat den gewünschten Erfolg gebracht, 1-2 Grad anklopfen was sofort weg geht.

hier schön zu sehen

nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 16:26

Here is the reply from the other car that had the same problem.

mike@newera
After removal of the exhaust, there was no visual evidence of damage to the cats in the scenario we encountered. But you dont gain 80 rwhp from long tube headers, and you dont not gain any power from a pulley swap and more boost, so I assume the cats had to be internally damaged in which we could not visually see from an exterior stand point

nach oben springen

in ZL1 26.10.2012 16:47

Mit den Augen kaum zu sehen:

Angefügte Bilder:
Sie haben nicht die nötigen Rechte, um die angehängten Bilder zu sehen

--- www.kraftwerk.cc ---

nach oben springen

in ZL1 30.10.2012 07:33

Time for the lastest Update.

By removing all the Cats fixed the problems that the tune was having.

On the last Dyno he stated it ran 610 HP up from 500 hp. I am waiting on the Print out to post

The problem now he is states on Start up and WOT it loud. So now I have to how loud it is then decide whether or not to go with headers with Cats.

nach oben springen

in ZL1 30.10.2012 08:00
von mychevy2012 (gelöscht)

Remove the Cats and drink a Bud...

Serious: I would install High Flows.

nach oben springen

in ZL1 30.10.2012 09:41
von Seabass • Forengott | 1.776 Beiträge

Zitat von Sharp-ZL1 im Beitrag #77
Time for the lastest Update.

By removing all the Cats fixed the problems that the tune was having.

On the last Dyno he stated it ran 610 HP up from 500 hp. I am waiting on the Print out to post

The problem now he is states on Start up and WOT it loud. So now I have to how loud it is then decide whether or not to go with headers with Cats.

Since you have yours licened to the Army go with headers and "NO" Cats!!! best way go bro

2010 Camaro SS/RS Aqua Blue #3704, Carbon Schaltpaddles, KW Clubsport, ZL1 NPP exhaust, Recaro Pole position,Schroth Profi 2 Gurte, 5-Spoke ZL1 Wheels grey powdercoated, ZL1 front fascia, ZL1 hood insert by Blacky tuned by Ted Janetty
nach oben springen

in ZL1 30.10.2012 10:16
von swisscheese • Forengott | 1.251 Beiträge

Later, when you want to sell it, you have to have converters anyway, so: do it once, do it right...

V8 for life
nach oben springen

Die Foren werden vom Betreiber kostenlos bereitgestellt und gewartet. Der Betreiber verfolgt den Zweck, in gemeinnütziger Weise den Erfahrungsaustausch zwischen Camaro Freunden zu fördern. Die Inhalte dieser Internetpräsenz sind nicht Bestandteil von Chevrolet oder einer Tochtergesellschaft. Markenzeichen, Symbole, sowie Firmennamen sind rechtlich geschützt und werden von uns nur zum Wohle der Rechtsinhaber genutzt. Im Falle von Copyright, Urheber oder Markenrecht Problemen bitten wir Sie, uns umgehend zu informieren. Wir kommen unseren Pflichten nach und werden entsprechendes Material sofort entfernen. Zur Vermeidung unnötiger Rechtsstreitigkeiten und Kosten möchten wir sie bitten uns bereits im Vorfeld zu kontaktieren. Die Kostennote einer anwaltlichen Abmahnung ohne vorhergehende Kontaktaufnahme mit dem Betreiber von camaro2010.de wird im Sinne der Schadensminderungspflicht als unbegründet zurückgewiesen.

Diese Website kann Hyperlinks auf Webseiten Dritter enthalten. Links von dieser Web-Site auf Web-Sites Dritter werden in einem separatem Browser-Fenster geöffnet und nur aus Gründen der Benutzerfreundlichkeit zur Verfügung gestellt. Camaro2010.de distanziert sich ausdrücklich von den Inhalten dieser Webseiten und macht sich fremde Webseiten und ihre Inhalte nicht zu eigen. Für die Inhalte fremder Websites ist Camaro2010.de nicht verantwortlich. Deren Nutzung erfolgt auf eigenes Risiko des Nutzers. Die Inhalte dieser Website werden mit größtmöglicher Sorgfalt erstellt. Der Anbieter übernimmt jedoch keine Gewähr für die Richtigkeit, Vollständigkeit und Aktualität der bereitgestellten Inhalte. Die Nutzung der Inhalte der Website erfolgt auf eigene Gefahr des Nutzers. Namentlich gekennzeichnete Beiträge geben die Meinung des jeweiligen Autors und nicht immer die Meinung des Anbieters wieder. Mit der reinen Nutzung der Website des Anbieters kommt keinerlei Vertragsverhältnis zwischen dem Nutzer und dem Anbieter zustande.

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 26372 Themen und 678816 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 747 Benutzer (15.01.2023 03:00).